The World Health Organization estimates that about 800,000 people die by suicide each year.
According to the Mental Health Atlas 2017 released by WHO, the ratio of mental health workers can be as low as 2 per 100,000 people in low income countries, compared to more than 70 in high income countries. It is also estimated that 540 million people suffer from mental disorders, with almost three-quarters of them living in middle and low income countries.
- Providing counseling services to the affected families
- Economic empowerment to the affected families.
- Conducting support group sessions to the beneficiaries and their families.
- Providing referral services.
- Mobilizing the community through raising awareness about mental health.
- Capacity building the community on the dangers of alcohol, drugs and substance abuse